Why Skin Exfoliation is Essential for Your Skin
Why You Need Skin Exfoliation
Your skin is a living organ that sheds dead skin cells nearly every thirty days. These dead skin cells often accumulate on the surface of your skin due to dirt, debris, and oil, which is present on the skin surface. Due to the accumulation of dead skin cells, your skin pores become congested; your skin becomes dry and flaky. Skin exfoliation helps to remove these dead skin cells, which revive your skin freshness and glow.
What Is Skin Exfoliation?
Skin exfoliation is a skincare procedure that uses chemicals, exfoliating devices, or granular skin products to remove dead skin cells that gather on the skin surface. This stimulates the new cell turnover, enhance the production of collagen and elastin to make your skin firmer, smoother, and healthier.
Benefits of Skin Exfoliation
There are several benefits of exfoliating your skin regularly, which include the following:
- Unclogs blocked skin pores
- Prevents acne breakouts, white and blackheads
- Helps in deeper penetration of other skincare products
- Gives even skin tone
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and skin hydration
- Boosts circulation of blood and remove toxins
- Promotes cellular growth
- Enhance the turnover of new skin cells
- Stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin
- Gives you vibrant, glowing and smooth skin
Methods of Skin Exfoliation
As exfoliation is an old method of skin rejuvenation, it has evolved. Science has now discovered innovative, gentler, and more effective skin exfoliation techniques. Some popular methods of exfoliation are the following:
- Mechanical Skin Exfoliation: This method involves the use of abrasive agents such as tools or ingredients to eliminate the dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. The popular mechanical methods of exfoliation are Microdermabrasion and Dermaplaning available at M.M. Skin.
- Chemical Skin Exfoliation: This is another popular method of skin exfoliation that uses a combination of chemical (AHAs or BHAs) agents and potent active ingredients to exfoliate and revitalize your skin.
- Enzymes Therapy: The topical application of potent enzymes through facial treatments helps in dissolving cellular debris on your skin and improves new cell turnover. Our Pumpkin enzyme and fruit enzyme treatment with micro derma are perfect for skin exfoliation.